Prostate Specific Antigen
PSA test measeures a protien called Prostate Specific Antigen in blood. A test for PSA may be used to screen for cancer of the prostate and to monitor treatment of the disease. 5 things to know about your PSA Test include:
- Genetic testing may be appropriate for prostate cancer.
- There is no consensus about the right age to start PSA Screening.
- Elevated PSA does not always mean you have cancer.
- Newer tests in the pipeline might be more effective.
- The Test is simple, the explanation is not.